Who can use the service?
- You must be 16 or over and not subject to certain immigration rules
- You must live in Bath & North East Somerset
- or have lived here for 6 out of the last 12 months
- or have lived in the district for 3 out of the last 5 years.
- or have permanent paid employment in the district
You will be asked to provide documentation to confirm your eligibility.
Who cannot use the service?
You cannot use this service if you
- have not completed an application form and been accepted onto the housing register
- do not have a local connection to Bath and North East Somerset
- have assets or income above the financial resource limit (currently £60,000)
- own your own home and have no housing need
- are serving a prison sentence of longer than 6 months
- are under the age of 16
- are guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make you unsuitable as a prospective tenant or to be part of the household
There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:
- people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
- people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
contact us for more detailed information